Residential Garbage & Recycling
Residential Garbage pick-up:
Garbage pick-up is mandatory for residential customers. A business may choose their provider. If a business does not choose to have City garbage pick-up, we will not pick-up recyclables from the business. Only items placed in the container furnished by the City will be picked up. Arrangements for excess pick up must be made with City Hall. Additional fees will be required for all excess material.
- Residential Rate: $26.62 per can. Additional stickers for each garbage can will be $26.62 per month. Each trash receptacle must have a city sticker. It is mandatory that all city residents have city garbage service.
- All households will be charged a recycling collection fee of $4.50 per month.
- All single-family residential units will pay a mandatory minimum garbage and recycling collection fee of $31.12 per month. All other residential units will also pay a minimum garbage and recycling collection fee of $31.12 per month unless served by dumpster service.
- Rates for non-taxpaying entities not requiring dumpster service will be $35.09 per month per can.
- Business Rate: Call City Hall for rates, (706) 864-6133
Due to the content of the City’s sanitation ordinance, the City no longer offers large item garbage pickup (this includes items such as washers, dryers, refrigerators, and furniture).
Residential Brush and Tree Limb Pick Up
- Limited to one collection per week, per address. Additional pickups are available for a fee.
- The brush pile must be on the property’s curbside and cannot exceed 24 SF.
- Tree limbs can be no more than 6″ in diameter.
- Tree limbs can be no longer than 4′ in length.
- All pickups are scheduled in advance by contacting City Hall (706) 864-6133.
The City does not pick up the following items:
- Grass clippings and other material too small for chipping.
- Trimmings from commercial properties, institutional properties or professional lawn/tree service companies.
Curbside leaf pick-up is from October 1 through January 31.
Mulch & leaf compost (when available) is located at the City Shop for pick up between 7:00 a.m. & 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The City will deliver mulch and leaf compost to City customers for a fee of $25.00 for each load.