The City of Dahlonega will hold a Municipal General Election on Tuesday, November 7, 2023, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. City electors will vote…
Elections and Voting
2023 Municipal General Election
Mayor and six council members will serve a four-year term of office. To be eligible to serve as Mayor or Council member, candidates must be a resident of the city for a period of one year immediately prior to the date of the election and continue to reside within the city during the period of service.
Advance Voting Dates/Times:
Advance Voting only at the Elections Office:
· Monday, October 16th – Friday, October 20th , 8:00am – 5:00 pm
· Saturday, October 21st, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm ( Short-term parking is available at the Election Office for voting only due to the Gold Rush Event that coincides with this date – Officers will be onsite to direct voters through the traffic at the Election Office on this day)
· Monday, October 23rd – Friday, October 27th, 8:00am – 5:00 pm
· Saturday, October 28th,9:00 am – 5:00 pm
· Monday, October 30th – Friday, November 3rd, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. ( updated to include the 30th )
NO ADVANCE VOTING ON SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 4TH, or MONDAY, NOVEMBER 6TH
Advanced Voting Location:
Lumpkin County Elections Office
56 Short Street, Dahlonega, GA 30533
Election Day Date/Time:
November 7, 2023
7:00 am – 7:00 pm
Lumpkin County Community Center (Park & Rec)
365 Riley Road, Dahlonega, GA 30533
Sample Ballots will be available for review on or before October 12, 2023, at the Elections Office or online at www.lumpkincounty.gov/183/Elections-Registration
Qualifications to run for Mayor or City council for the City of Dahlonega are as follows:
- Must be a registered and qualified City of Dahlonega Voter.
- Shall be a resident of the City of Dahlonega for a period of one year immediately prior to the date of the election of Mayor or Council.
- Shall continue to reside in the City of Dahlonega during their term of office.
- Must meet the qualification standards required for members of the Georgia House of Representatives as are now or may in the future be prescribed by the Georgia constitution.
The City of Dahlonega Charter also outlines these requirements.