Serving the community is a passion for me. Dahlonega is a wonderful place to call home! My priorities include:
• Preserving Dahlonega’s unique “sense of place”, retaining the welcoming small-town feel and ambiance of our incredible community
• Fiscal responsibility – ensure that your tax dollars are being used wisely in the best interest of the total community
• Rebuilding infrastructure: most folks don’t care about pipes, roads, etc. until they do!
• Regular maintenance and enhancement is a responsibility of government which can be easy to ignore but requires constant vigilance and investment.
• Addressing inevitable growth appropriately. Keep the look and feel of our award-winning downtown.
• Supporting business through improvements in city processes and promptness.
Ken and I have lived in Dahlonega since 2004, been property owners and taxpayers since 2000. I had the great opportunity to participate in the Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Lumpkin program in 2009, shortly after I retired. Past and present volunteer roles include:
• Trustee for Retirement, Employee Benefits, Workers Comp Funds for Georgia Municipal Association
• Lumpkin County Literacy Coalition
• Secretary of the Joint Development Authority of Dawson, Lumpkin and White Counties
• Vice-Chair of the Development Authority of Lumpkin County
• Corporate Board member with Connect North Georgia
• Past President of the Community Helping Place
• Currently a volunteer mentor in the Lumpkin County School System
• Currently Vice-Chair of the North Georgia Interfaith Ministry Jeremiah’s Place.
• Received Kids First recognition from Family Connection in 2018.
• All net earnings from my role on City Council are/have been donated to local charities.
After a 32-year career with IBM, I retired from my position as Vice President in the Global Telecommunications Industry. I hold a BA in English Literature from Mercy College and am a Certified Sales Executive. My career was extensive and interesting, I held many different positions including global executive and line management, applications development, systems programming, systems engineering, and large systems specialist. When I’m not busy in the community, I enjoy spending time with family, reading (a passion!), playing golf, baking bread and preserving, and spending time outdoors. I’m very appreciative of the opportunity to serve in a community that I love!